Nominations will be accepted through September 15th for all awards.
Honorees will be announced at the TAG Annual Conference in Memphis, October 25-26.
- TAG Teacher of the Year Award
- TAG Horizon Award: This award is presented to an exemplary new teacher of the gifted with fewer than five years experience in gifted education.
- Special Recognition Award: This award is presented to an individual for their significant contribution to gifted education in Tennessee as a parent, legislator, administrator, or other gifted advocate.
- Jo Patterson Distinguished Service Award: This award is presented to an outstanding individual in the state of Tennessee who has made a significant contribution to the field of gifted education over an extended period of time (at least five years or more).
- Curriculum Award: Teachers submit curriculum units and the TAG Board chooses winners.
- Tennessee Gifted Student of the Year: This award program is designed to recognize students’ distinguished achievement in academics, leadership, or the arts, in gifted children of any grade or age level.
2016 TAG Award Winners:
- Lindsey Glass ~ Jo Patterson Distinguished Service Award
- Alysha Bird and Lauren Lindsey ~ TAG Horizon Award
- Isaiah Brown Henry and Salsabila Nurhidajat ~ Tennessee Gifted Student of the Year
- Kelly Davis ~ TAG Teacher of the Year Award
2015 TAG Award Winners:
- Marianna Vescovo ~ TAG Horizon Award
- Blair Trotz ~ TAG Teacher of the Year Award
- Dr. Emily Mofield ~ Curriculum Award
- Dr. Patricia Toarmina ~ Special Recognition Award
- Dr. Tommie Yelvington ~ Jo Patterson Distinguished Service Award
2014 TAG Award Winners:
- Kristy Mall- Teacher of the Year
- Jennifer Holt- Curriculum Award
- Leah Meulemans- Special Recognition Award
- Beth O’Shea- Jo Patterson Award