Tennessee Gifted Student of the Year
The 2019 Tennessee Gifted Student of the Year will be presented at the TAG Annual Conference!
TAG is pleased to announce the inaugural Tennessee Gifted Student of the Year Award.
TAG believes that the Tennessee Gifted Student of the Year Award inspires children to achieve to their fullest potential, highlights high-ability-students, and draws attention to the educational needs of gifted and talented learners.
The distinguished Student winner receives a monetary reward and a Certificate of Excellence from TAG. It is important that people have to have the education they want to have and at the same time, they have to have the means to achieve the education they need to pursue. College students who may be the leaders of tomorrow may not be having enough ability to pursue their education and such scholarships are the way to make things the right way as much as possible. The scholarship motivates the student and they get to have been in their school and just learn well to make a mark on things that need to happen at the right time. The official statement gives more information on the scholarship and how well it can be used and utilized.
AWARD PARAMETERS/SELECTION CRITERIA
• One Distinguished Student Award recipient at the elementary level and middle/high school level will be selected.
• Applicants may demonstrate excellence and outstanding accomplishment in one or more of the following areas: visual or performing arts, academic achievement, creativity, or leadership.
1. Student applicants must submit a composition describing (a) the activity or interest area for
which the student is being nominated; (b) how the student got interested/involved in the
activity; (c) what impact the activity has had on the student and on others; and (d) how the
student’s future plans and goals have been affected by this activity or interest area.
2. Applications must include at least one letter of recommendation from a teacher who has taught the nominated child within the past 3 years, explaining why the student nominee is deserving of the award, what sets him or her apart from other students, and how the nominee is impacting others.
1. TAG will accept self-nominations and nominations from parents, teachers, and students.
2. The complete application packet must be postmarked by September 1, 2019.
Download the entire Complete Application Packet Here!